Table of contents
- macOS Big Sur
- add and remove notifications
- access widgets on your Mac
- add a widget to notification center on your Mac
- perfectly rearrange the widgets in the notification center
- remove widgets from notification center on your Mac
- points to customize widgets in macOS Big Sur on Mac
macOS Big Sur
The macOS Big Sur is the upcoming major release of macOS Apple Inc’s operating system for macintosh pc. it is the successor to macOS Catalina.
They unveil macOS Big Sur in June 2020 at WWDC. It was the latest version of the macOS set to release this fall. macOS Big Sur’s features seem to overhauled.
It is such a big update that Apple bumped the version number to 11. That’s true macOS Big Sur is macOS 11.0.
Apple launched its largest design update to macOS. Since the launching of Mac OS X macOS Big Sur overhauling everything from the curvature of dock icon designs and window corners to colors. Because of the design of revamped look, it feels both fresh and familiar at the same time.
With macOS 11 Big Sur, Apple has redesigned the notification center. It is now a single column of notifications and widgets to provide quick information with just one click.
Let us have a look at the new notification center and how you can customize it to your wish.
In macOS Big Sur, the notification center can access by tapping on the date in the menu bar, in the upper right of the screen. There is no longer a notification or action center icon.
Notifications display at the top of the notification center. If you tap on a notification, you will redirect to the corresponding application. For instance, if you tap in a message notification, the messages app opens.
They grouped together notifications if you have several notifications from an app. For instance, if you have news highlights, it groups together the notifications for the press briefing, and if you tap on one of them, the grouping enlarge so you can see all the notifications.
These are grouped by app and have additional interactive features, so you can operate things like play a latest podcast or reply to a Gmail without having to open up an app. Just press and hold on to a notification to access the latest options.
Add and remove notifications
To add or remove an app notification
- go to system preferences
- next notifications
- On the left side you find a list of apps that provide notifications.
- Tap on the desired app, then its settings appear on the right side.
- Check or uncheck the show in notification center box to add or remove its notifications.
- By clicking on the “Grouping notification” pop-up, you can adjust its groups.
- Your options are automatic, per app or disabled.
With the launch of OS X Yosemite through macOS it got widget way back in 2014. Just like their iOS counterparts, something limited them in terms of functionality and customization.
But through introducing macOS Big Sur, things have changed big time. For a change, the latest widgets are not just more functional but also offer little customization for a personalized experience. So, if you are interested to know how to use widgets in macOS Big Sur on your Mac, you have arrived at the right place.
You fill this under the notifications. These are simple and small items that provide prompt access to information or controls. Most of the widgets are of Apple apps such as Calendar, remainders, and podcasts, while other display info collected from the internet.
Access widget on your Mac
In, macOS Big Sur it is straightforward to access widgets. By tapping on the time in the menu bar you can access them. For quick navigation, Apple has an integrated notification center with the widget panel for quick navigation.
Add a widget to notification center on your Mac
Based on your needs, you can add widgets to your notification center to look at the essential that the specific widget has to offer.
- First off, tap on the time at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Edit Widgets option at the bottom.
- Next up, select the preferred size of the widget.
- After that, locate the widget you want to add to the notification center.
- Now, hover over the mouse on the widget to reveal the “+” button.
- At the end make sure you click on Done to confirm.
Perfectly rearrange widgets in the notification center
- To keep going, tap on the time in the menu bar.
- Noe, drag down to the bottom and click on Edit Widgets.
- After that, scroll the widget at the correct place.
- Once you have properly rearranged the widget, tap on Done to confirm.
Remove widgets from notification center on your Mac
If you no longer want to have any widget in the notification center, you can remove it quickly.
- Tap on time at the upper right corner on your Mac.
- Drag down and click on Edit Widgets
- Locate the widget which you want to remove.
- Now, tap on the “-” button to the left of a widget to take away or remove it from the notification center.
- After that, tap on Done at the bottom to confirm.
Points to customize widgets in macOS Big Sur on Mac
So, these are the ways you can get the most out of widgets on your Mac running macOS Big Sur. macOS doesn’t have a lot of widgets, it is just a matter of time before they will be in large numbers.
macOS Big Sur features a customizable control center, largely developed messages app with Emojis and effects and a well throughout battery setting to improve the battery life of Mac. Which one of the following features have attracted you the most? It would be great to know your thoughts.
in this guide, you find a lot of stuff on how to add, remove, and manage notification and widget notification center. you can observe those topics along with pictures and online links.