Apple Music was launched in June 2015 and has grown into a popular streaming service among Apple aficionados. For an individual account $9.99 per month. A student plan $4.99 and for a family [up to six people] plan $14.99 per month.
Apple Music allows you to stream over 50 million songs and listen to playlists created by music experts. They tune these into the 24/7 beats 1 radio station to hear tunes choose by DJs from around the world.
You can listen and enjoy Apple Music via your Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android device, Apple Watch, the latest Apple TVs, and even on the web.
You can try this service for free for 3 months. It sounds cool, but what if it is not everything you wanted? But it is too expensive, or you don’t bear enough to justify the cost.
Maybe another music streaming service has stolen your ears and your heart. Whatever may be the reason you want to delete or cancel your membership.
Let’s see how to say goodbye to Apple Music.
Table of contents
- Cancel Apple music from the:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Android Device
- Via iTunes on your PC
- Apple Watch
- Via macOS Catalina
- Via Apple TV
Cancel Apple Music from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
1. Switch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
2. Go to settings > your name > iTunes and App store.
3. Press your Apple ID.
4. Through the pop-up window, click the link to view Apple ID.
5. To authenticate your account, enter your password or sign in with Touch ID or Face ID.
6. Drag to the bottom of the account settings page and click subscriptions.
7. Click the entry for Apple music membership.
8. At the Edit subscription screen, click the cancel subscription or free trial button and confirm the cancellation.
9. Immediately free trails will end.
10. Until the end of your current billing cycle, the paid subscriptions will run.
11. If you change your mind you can opt to re-subscribe.
12. Your new subscription will start at the beginning of the next billing cycle.
Cancel Apple Music from Mac
The option of canceling Apple music subscription on Mac depends on the OS you are presently using. The latest macOS 10.15 Catalina requires you to go into the Mac App Store. For older systems, you will use iTunes.
This is simple: Catalina does not have iTunes, as the other macOS versions do.
Let us see how to disable Apple subscriptions on macOS Catalina:
1. Go to Mac’s App Store and sign IN.
2. Tap on your name >view information
3. Drag down to and click on manage next to subscriptions.
4. If you ask, enter your account password.
5. If you notice the list of Active and expired subscriptions, find Apple Music and press edit.
6. Tap the cancel subscription button, now you are free!
Here is the step-by-step guide for you if your Mac runs on macOS Mojave or older.
1. Go to iTunes
2. Press on Account from the iTunes menu.
3. Choose view my account
4. Enter your Apple ID details.
5. Go to settings
6. Tap on Manage next to the subscription
7. Search Apple music on the list > edit > cancel > confirm.
Cancel Apple Music from Android devices
If you are using an Android device, you can still delete or cancel your Apple Music subscription from that device.
1. Go to the Apple music app.
2. Tap on for your icon at the bottom.
3. Now in the upper right corner tap on the three-dot settings.
4. Choose Account > Manage membership.
5. Near Manage membership screen, click on cancel subscription.
6. Finally, confirm the cancellation.
Cancel Apple music Via iTunes on your PC
If you are using a window PC or have not yet updated to Catalina on Mac, you can delete or cancel your subscription from iTunes.
1. Open the app and tap on the Account menu > view my account.
2. To view your account information, enter your Apple ID password.
3. Drag to the bottom of your Account page.
4. Next to the settings for subscriptions, press the Manage link.
5. Tap the Edit link next to Apple Music Membership.
6. Near Edit subscription page, tap on the button to cancel or delete subscription.
7. Message pop up has shown asking you to confirm that you want to cancel your subscription.
8. Tap on the confirm button.
At the end of your current billing cycle, your subscription will stop.
However, you are still charged for the full month, during the time Apple music is still accessible.
Cancel Apple music from Apple Watch
1. Open App Store on your Apple Watch.
2. Drag to Account and click on it.
3. Click subscriptions.
4. Click the subscriptions you desire.
5. Click Cancel subscription.
6. If you don’t find out cancel the subscription, then the subscription already canceled and it won’t renew.
Cancel Apple music Via macOS Catalina
If you want to cancel your Apple Music Subscription from a Mac running macOS Catalina. Follow the below guidelines:
1. Go to System Preferences > Apple ID.
2. Near the Apple ID screen, tap on the option for media and purchases.
3. Press on the Manage button next to subscriptions.
4. At the subscription window next to the subscription for Apple Music tap on the Edit link.
5. Tap on the cancel subscription button.
6. Confirm the cancellation
7. Tap on done to close the subscription window.
To cancel or to manage your Apple Music subscription on a Mac, you can also go through the App Store.
1. Open App Store.
2. Click on your account name and picture in the lower-left corner of the window.
3. Click on the link to view information at your Account window.
4. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID password.
5. Drag to the bottom of the Account information screen to the Manage section.
6. Next to the subscription, there is a Manage link click on it.
7. Tap on Edit link next to your Apple Music subscription.
8. In the next screen tap on the cancel subscription button and confirm the cancellation.
Cancel Apple music Via Apple TV
1. Go to settings
2. Choose users & accounts
3. Select your account.
4. Choose subscriptions.
5. Select the subscription that you want to change.
6. Select a different subscription option.
7. If you select a subscription that you can share with family members.
8. But make sure you have set up family sharing or joined an existing family group.