Looking for ways to change the IMEI number of your iPhone, but get caution before doing it because it is the number that becomes your savior when your phone is lost. This is a unique number specifically put together 15 digits that can identify your handset on any network.
Even if it got stolen and anyone wants to use it on another sim, it will help you in that case also. So, stop searching for how to change the IMEI number. But if you have made your mind then here is the detailed process to change it.
STEPS TO CHANGE iOS IMEI NUMBER:
1) Find your IMEI number:
- The very first step is to find the IMEI number which can be easily found on the box of the phone.
- If you do not have access to the box then you can use your dialer to find it. Dial *#06# and the IMEI number will be in front of you.
- Or you can simply use your device’s setting.
- Just tap on settings.
- Look for abut me.
- Click on it, and you can see all the important information about your phone including IMEI number.
2) To change the IMEI number:
- The first step is to jailbreak your phone, it means to root it so that you can access the complete operating system of your phone.
- Download PC tool ZiPhone, it is a trustworthy app and is recommended most of the time for this process. It will be a zip file extract it into your phone.
- Now recover your phone by pressing the sleep/wake button and power button simultaneously.
- When the logo iTunes with a cable appears on the screen, connect your phone to your computer and open the extracted file on your PC.
- Then if you right-click on the option a pop-up window will appear. In that box choose the open command window option.
- As the command window opens type Ziphone in it and press entre.
- You will see the “change IMEI” option tap on it, replace the existing number with a new IMEI number.
- Your device will reboot and you are done.