Most of us like watching the video and listening to songs on our iPhones and iPads. To enjoy those sometimes a 10-inch screen is too small.
To have a bigger screen media experience now, you can connect your iPhone or iPad to any recent TV.
We have many options and ways to connect the iPhone or iPad to your TV. In this article, we will discuss some ways to connect the iPhone and iPad to your TV to enjoy your favorite music and videos.
Connecting the iPhone or iPad to your TV
The simplest way to connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV is using through an Apple’s digital AV Adapter. It connects your Apple device to your TV’s HDMI port.
Another thing here we have two models of the Digital AV Adapter, so be sure while choosing the right version. One is with current iOS devices and a lightning port costs $49. Another for older iOS devices with 30-pin port costs $39.
How to connect iPhone to TV using HDMI cable
Now you need a standard HDMI cable with HDMI connection on each side, Lightning Digital AV Adapter, TV with unused HDMI port.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to a free HDMI port on your TV.
- See on its sides of the TV or behind it. You can observe the HDMI label on it and make a note of the number.
- Connect other ends of the cable to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
- Connect the Lightning connector to your iPhone.
- Switch on your TV and by using your remote switch to the correct HDMI port where you just plugged the cable into.
- Now you can hear and see the picture and sound from your iPhone or iPad will appear on the screen.
How to connect iPhone to TV using an Analog Adapter and cable
- Take an analog adapter-
- For iPhone 4s or older devices, you need a 30-pin connector, iPhone 5 or newer needs lightning to VGA adapter if you are not having a VGA port then use HDMI or Apple TV. For iPhone 7 stick with HDMI.
- Take a composite or VGA cable.
- Join the analog adapted to your iPhone or iPad.
- Now connect one end of the analog cable with the adapter and other to the TV.
- Switch on the TV and iPhone.
- Press on the input selector for the TV.
- Locate the composite or VGA port to which it connects your iPhone.
Using a Plug and Play cable
Plug and play cable will have an inbuilt HDMI side, an USB connection, and also the Lighting side for your iPhone.
If your TV allows you to connect an USB to your phone, then you can get a Plug and Play cable instead of buying two different cables. But remember one thing such HDMI cables will not support paid subscriptions and apps.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port and USB side on your TV. See for the label of HDMI and USB ports on it.
- Connect the Lighting side to your phone.
- Switch on the TV and see for the HDMI input you chose.
- Now you can start enjoying.
Connect With smart TV
For some models of smart TV, they have iPhone support which built in. So, look for a feature called Airplay on your TV.
If your TV doesn’t support it, then go for a specific app through which you can mirror what you are seeing on your iPhone on your TV.
- Download the app
- Pair your iPhone and your smart TV to the same Wi-Fi.
- Choose the one you want to stream and select the button which allows your specific content from your iPhone into your TV.
- Now you can enjoy playing games and stream your paid subscriptions on a big screen.
As per your smart TV, you might have a brand-specific app to stream photos, videos, and as a remote control. If you have nothing specific, then the Nero Streaming Player app will help you mirror your content directly to your smart TV.
Apple TV or an Airplay to stream on your TV
- Turn on your TV and switch the source to the Apple TV port–to work with this method, you need an iPhone 4 or newer and a second-generation Apple TV or newer.
- Now switch on your TV and Apple TV unit.
- In your iPhone’s screen or iPad’s control center, swipe up from the bottom or on the iPad right side of the screen.
- Click on Airplay Mirroring.
- Tap on Apple TV
- You can observe your iPhone’s screen on your TV screen.
Connect with an Android stick or Chromecast.
Using Chromecast, you can send video, audio, pictures, and information to your TV through thousands of supported apps.
- Plugin your Chromecast into your television.
- Using google home companion app, connect the device with your wireless network.
- Tap on the Chromecast icon appears in supporting apps.
- Once media playback started, then instead of your iPhone or iPad, it will appear on the television.
Mirroring to Roku Fire TV
If you don’t have an adapter cable and Apple TV, then make use of mirroring apps to share your iPhone or iPad screen on Roku Fire TV devices instead. Know more on how to connect iPhone to TV.
The 2kit consulting screen mirroring apps gave good results for Roku Fire TV. These apps can capture video and can send it to the streaming player from your iOS device by using iOS’ screen recording feature.
Some drawbacks are a small delay, video quality is not perfect. But it is good enough for mirroring photos, websites, presentations, and social media feeds.