Around your world is changing, everyday situations are getting worse and critical. We can’t move out freely.
The Government is urging everyone to maintain social distance. And restaurants, hotels, malls, everything is closed. This happens because of the great pandemic.
It is getting viral day-to-day. many of us love each and everyone but because of this, we can’t visit our family, friends, relatives, colleagues for a bit.
But it doesn’t mean that you can’t stay in close with the people you love. We are thankful for various video calling services available like Face Time.
We have various video calling options but, on iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it builds Face Time in. Through this, it is convenient for talking to people who have those devices. let’s have a broad look at this App.
A few years back they limit Face Time to the one-to-one conversation. But, two years ago when Apple released Group Face Time video and audio calls, we can keep in touch with a group of people.
Through this app, you can add up to 32 other people. Not only with this app, but you can also have a group conversation with the messages app.
Now In this article, we will discuss how to make a group Face Time calls with Face Time app and messages app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Group Face Time call using Face Time app on iPhone and iPad
- Go to the settings then Face Time and make it sure about it is on.
- Open Face Time on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the plus symbol.
- Enter the person’s name or number, or Emails, you want to call.
- Add up to 31 additional contacts.
- Press video or audio to place your Face Time call.
Group Face Time call using Messaging app on iPhone and iPad
The easier way to start a group Face Time call is through group chat in the Messages app.
- Click on messages app on your iPhone or iPad
- Press on existing group conversation, or start a new one.
- Click the profile of the conversation participants in the top center of the screen.
- Press on FaceTime and start your call.
Joining a group, FaceTime call in Messages app on iPhone and iPad
If FaceTime call is going on in the Messages app, you can also join for that.
- Go to Messaging app or tap on the notification at the top of your screen on your iPhone or iPad
- Click on a group conversation with an open FaceTime call.
- In the FaceTime message bubble, tap on the Green joins button.
Group FaceTime Call on a Mac
To make a group FaceTime call from your MacBook or Mac desktop computer, you need a macOS Mojave 10.14.3 or later for it to work.
- Open FaceTime app.
- If you can’t find it search via spotlight.
- Search for the numbers or email addresses you want to add.
- click on call.
- To on video or audio is up to you.
In Mac, you can easily see those in your call in the left-hand toolbar. you can hide this by clicking the button next to the mute icon.
Effects available on FaceTime
You can have a little fun with FaceTime. try out some unique features like Animoji and Memoji during your call. Additional effects and in devices without Face ID you can add other camera effects like filters, and shapes, text in your Group FaceTime calls.
Some other options for group video calls
Self-quarantine and social distancing shifted our lives dramatically. We are not hanging out because of this; we have gathered virtually. now our life is through digital game nights, workout classes, happy hours have gone digital.
Many video calling apps are covering the distancing gap beyond basic video calling features like FaceTime. some of them listed below.
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Hangouts
you can enjoy video calling with these apps by installing them through play store.