At present many people are working from home. Many people need to use webcams during meetings, conferences, or even just needed for video calling with friends and family.
The programs like Skype, Google Meet, Zoom, and other programs are great for connecting with built-in webcam on your laptop but the problem is lacking a good picture.
Nowadays it is tough to find out a good webcam. A post came like this: because of coronavirus pandemic, it moved many of America’s workforce into a work from home environment. So many of them need basic tech supplies, demand for webcams has powerfully moved, and as supplies shrink, prices have shockingly raised like a rocket.
There are multiple apps you can use, but many of them recommend the Kinoni EpocCam webcam.
It works with Mac and PC, easy to install, and a free version with occasional ads and watermarks. This can work with any iOS device running with iOS 10.3 or later. Even it will work with older iPhone 5 or iPad Mini 2. So, let us see how to turn your iPhone into a webcam using EpocCam.
How to on your iPhone into a webcam using EpocCam?
You need to go through a few different steps on both your iPhone and your Mac before loading up your favorite video conferencing software. And one more thing before starting check your both iPhone and your Mac because they must connect to the same Wi-Fi.
Download EpocCam on your iPhone and Mac
- In your iPhone Download EpocCam webcam for Mac and PC.
- Go to the Kinoni website on your Mac.
- Tap on download macOS drivers. To see it scroll your page down.
- Tap on allow.
- Now click on downloads. You can also find and open this in finder and then download folder.
- Tap on continue.
- Tap on install.
Once on your Mac the program installed and downloaded the app in your iPhone, now you can use your iPhone as your webcam.
Using EpocCam as a webcam
Now, in both your iPhone and Mac, the software installed. Now you can switch your iPhone into a webcam.
- Launch the EpocCam from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Click on ok to allow EpocCam to access your camera.
- Launch video conferencing software in your Mac. For this example, use google meet through google chrome.
- Open the video settings in whatever program you are using.
- Tap on the camera.
- Tap on the EpocCam.
For each program, the video settings are slightly different. But the EpocCam will show up as a camera option in the camera settings. Many have tried it with Zoom, Google Meet, and Skype it works great.
If things are not working perfectly from the start we should take a few troubleshooting steps. If you are using browse- based video conferencing app not a computer app, then make sure you give the browser permission to access your webcam.
Now a notification will appear asking for permission prior to launching the app or a conference call. You can see that near the web address bar.
Few more things regarding free version of EpocCom.
- Set the free feature much more restrictive than DroidCam’s.
- For supposed to use the front facing camera on your iOS device, you need to review about the app on the App Store.
- The free version of EpocCom shows a watermark on your video feed and controls the resolution at 640 * 480 and 30 frames per second.
- It has ads, only shoots in 720p.
- Free version of EpocCom does not let you use your device’s microphone. You need to plug a set of headphones into your computer that feature an in-line microphone, unless you think about another solution.
- If you want an upgraded version, you can get it in App store at $7.99. If you are installing in iOS device, you can get it in play store at $5.49.
- By upgrading you can able to replace the background, remove the ads, shoot in full HD at 1080p, and use the audio from your iPhone.
So, now where ever you are doing work from home you can enjoy your video conferencing and virtual meetings. And also spend a lot of time with your family, friends, etc. because of this corona pandemic this video conferencing and virtual meetings help one another to strengthen their relationship.
As technology developing like a rapid-fire, we must know about them and make good use of it.