For mobile, the screen is the main thing.
Because whatever information you receive is displayed on the screen.
many companies manufacture the screens.
But do you know who created the first touch phone?
Because nowadays many hands fill with smartphones.
First touch phone named as?
IBM Simon was the first touch screen phone in 1992. this is the first smartphone.
History of apple iPhone screen
Apple released its first most innovated touchscreen technology in 2007.
The iPhone, designed and marketed by Apple Inc. is a line of smartphones.
The iPhone of all generations uses Apple iOS mobile operating system software. a first-generation iPhone.
Around the multi-touch screen devices, it builds a user interface, including a virtual keyboard.
Let us look at a brief view of 12 generations.
About 12 generations iPhone models
- The first-generation iPhone a GSM phone. established with design precedents, like button placement. They persisted throughout all releases, screen size maintained for the next four iterations.
- 3G– added with a 3G network support, and the 3GS followed it with improved hardware.
- 4, 4S– is built with metal chassis, higher display resolution, and front-facing camera. they developed it with improved hardware and voice assistant Siri.
- 5, 5S, 5C– it has a 4-inch display, featuring taller and introduces a lightning connector, improved hardware, fingerprint reader, and lower cost. instead of metal it has colored plastic casings instead of m a version of the 5.
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, 6S– models featuring a 4.7-and-5.5- inch display. features hardware upgrades support for pressure-sensitive touch inputs,
- SE– featured hardware from 6S, the small form factor of the 5S.
- iPhone 7,8 and 7,8 plus– includes water-resistant, improved system and graphics performance, new rear dual camera new color options. it adds glass jack and improved screen and camera.
Now coming to the topic we are using Apple iPhone X
In this model, advanced features included more than the models we discussed earlier.
- being a near bezel-less design, highlighted.
- Improved camera.
- New facial recognition system, named face ID.
- No home button present.
- Therefore, no touch ID is present.
So still so many models introduced but we will end our discussion up to hear.
Because a little deep we will go about the iPhone X display screen.
Samsung is a big company that makes the OLED screens for iPhone X.
Samsung the main and first supplier of OLED screens from the beginning, it makes A-series processors and supplies both NAND flash and DRAM memory chips.
when apple used Samsung for patent infringement, it started to supply fewer components to apple since 2011.
In the iPhone, the most expensive components are display panel and memory chips.
Samsung will be the main supplier for hundreds of companies. If it adds the DRAM chips with OLED display panels and NAND flash memory chip.
Jeff Kim and Kevin Kim states About OLED display
“Inflexible OLED market, Samsung is the only company to mass-produce and to stand in No. 1 position in both OLED smartphone and panel markets,”
Till now we listen to the word OLED.
Do you know about it?
- OLED means an organic light-emitting device.
- It is an emergency display technology.
- In many markets, it became a mainstream display technology.
- It enables the display panels that offer the best image quality and free design, which can be made flexible and transparent.
- In all mobile applications, LCD displays are fast replaced with OLEDs. For that Samsung invested billions of dollars for OLED research and production facilities.
- OLED is a display technology. That offers rich color, high contrast, deep blacks, wide viewing angle.
Due you got a doubt
Difference between OLED, LED, and LCD screens
As we are familiar with LED (light-emitting diode).
But, many of them think LCD (light crystal display) and LED both are the same.
Tv or smartphone whatever you use had an LCD just, LED is labeled.
LED is just a lighting source, not the display itself.
Now look at the difference
- LED and LCD screens use backlight for illuminating their pixels, but OLED uses their own light.
- The OLED display is controlled using a pixel-by-pixel basis. not possible in LED
Second maker for OLED displays to Apple
LG, the display is the second maker of OLED displays, recently in a quality test conducted by apple LG’s OLED panels passed in it.
So, up to now, I mean till the iPhone X series that Samsung only enjoyed the monopoly and deals to provide 100 million OLED displays.
If a deal moved to LG, the upcoming series launches using LG Display OLED screens.
This is the brief information about the companies which provide screens used for iPhone series.